By having a screening process of tenants along with a comprehensive background check are probably the only ways to avoid any unrequited litigations. There are numerous options available for a landlord to advertise about a property. Different characteristics of properties determine which kind of advertising would fetch the best results. These characteristics include location of the property, budget of the landlord or even whether the landlord is in a hurry to sell the advertised property. However, advertisers can also a use mixes of advertising methods to get the best results, some of these are as follows-
- For Rent Signs– Putting up a ‘for rent’ sign at the either the front of the property or one of the windows is probably one of the most common ways of advertising. If the property is located nearby a road or somewhere where a lot of traffic passes, it works effectively. Plus, the fact, that it is almost free as it doesn’t require any major investment, just adds to its advantages. Another factor that contributes to the success of this method is the overall attractiveness of the property as a rental property.
- Advertising in the newspaper– This again serves as a method that has yielded great results and has been used for over ages by individuals and businesses for advertising purposes. However, now people also have the added advantage that they can even advertise in the online edition of a newspaper, as many newspapers enable their readers to access their newspaper online as well. While local clients usually begin their property hunt from the Classifieds section of the newspapers, while it is the out of station clients without any access to the local newspapers who hit the online classifieds in the online edition of the newspaper. Moreover, landlords should specify their preferences regarding tenants in the advertisement itself.
- Neighborhood Flyers– Most societies and colonies do have public bulletin boards on the coffeehouses, local grocery stores or Laundromats. Landlords could post advertisements of their rental properties on these bulletin boards along with their contact details. On the other hand, if the property is a little upscale, then landlords may also consider advertising in more upscale locations like high end gyms and restaurants.
- Listing Online– In recent years, online listings have graduated to being one of the premier advertising forums. Be it local, urban or even regional, there is immense scope for all types of property. Once landlords find a rental listing for their residential area, they can add their property to that listing. If your property located in Ayala Alabang Village. You can list your property to us (philippinepropertysearch.com). All you have to do is give us a call or email us.
- Home or Apartment Finding Services– There is no dearth of landlords today who advertise their properties with apartment and home finding services. Landlords pay these services a certain fee to advertise their properties and for consideration by any of the clients that may come to the concerned home and apartment finding service.
- Spreading the Word– Small time landlords with small properties tend to rely to a great extent, on the word of mouth for advertising their properties. They may use their network consisting of friends, relatives, colleagues or even current tenants to spread the word about their property which is available for rent.
- Real estates Offices– There are many real estate offices, who at a certain fees also handle property rentals.
- Property Management Firms– This is where things get all professional. It is arguably the most efficient way to advertise a property for renting purposes. These firms handle everything from scratch to finish. Not only they handle the advertising part, but they also show the tenants around the property, help in choosing tenants or short listing them, collection of rents, interacting with the tenants while they are using the property among many more major responsibilities. This option is ideal for those landlords who have large properties but do not have sufficient time. The firms charge a certain fee for the services rendered by them.
Once people are done with the advertising part, the nest step would be to draft a rental application and select a potential tenant. In order to avoid any legal ramifications, landlords should first read the Fair Housing Act and accordingly should select a tenant. While picking a tenant, landlords should thoroughly check out the applications, consent forms and the legal residency forms for crosschecking with references, doing credit checks as well as background checks.
17,875 total views, 0 views today